Saturday, March 12, 2005

Guys night out!


About once a month, I go out to a club, only to be reminded as to why I don't go clubbing. Last night, we went out to Skyline. A club that positions itself as a hip new ultralounge in the Honu Honu room of the Sheraton Waikiki. Before arriving, we did the mandatory pre-partying ie. drinking a lot. I decided not to partake in this, as I gave blood earlier yesterday morning, and thought it may be unwise to replace a pint of blood with a pint of alcohol.


We arrived at the club, and it was ok. The music was refreshingly eclectic and poppy, however the dance floor was tiny. I must admit I'm kind of a prude, as I'm not a big fan of girls wearing super tiny skirts and backless blouses. The buddies I went with have a completely different opinion on these subjects, but these are the same guys that regale on past lusts and their "tit size." Ugh.

It becomes painfully obvious to me why girls are so afraid of guys. Whenever I approach a girl I don't know, there's always this uncertain feeling, with a slight tinge of fear. Mind you, I'm probably one of the least intimidating guys on the planet, standing at a full 5 foot, 5 inches, and having the face of a barely post-pubecent teenager. Nonetheless, women seem to have this innate fear that men look at them as purely sexual objects. This is not to say that their fear is goundless, as friends of mine often prepetuate the stereotype of the desperate, horny male. I also came to realize that the club seems to be filled with these types of guys. Ok, that's really judgemental of me, because I don't believe myself to be one of those guys, and I was there, but veering out on to the dance floor to see guys with loads of jewelry, dry humping girls seemed to reinforce my theory. This is not to say that it is entirely the fault of the males in this case. I often hear women being deplored at the thought of being treated like an object, but will make out with random guys if drunk enough.

At the end of the night, as we're waiting for the elevator, the girl behind me says; "I need to just find a nice guy, not like that last asshole I dated." I was about to ask her if she met him at a club, and if his introduction to her included the words "tits," however I thought better of it. My intention last night, was merely to party with some buddies of mine, however the conquest of women seemed to be more important to them, leaving me with a beer, and my own meandering thoughts. I think it's funny that guys go to clubs to meet girls, and girls go to hang out with other girls. Does this actually work for anyone?

P.S. I love my guy buddies, this was more of a rant of guy behavior in clubs as a generalization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home